You will be enjoying unique colorful berries in your home garden with this variety of honeyberries. The Blue Velvet honeyberry produces very large crops of delicious berries your family is sure to enjoy. As members of the honeysuckle family, the berries produce beautiful clusters of long berries that are sweet with a taste similar to blueberries. The delicious berries are full of many healthy benefits such as high levels of antioxidants. You can use these berries as fresh eating or make delicious preserves.
With a life span of up to 50 years, the vines will be producing large crops of the Blue Velvet honeyberry for decades. You will be picking flavorful berries beginning late May through June.
**** Use the Blue Moon honeyberry as a pollinator.
- Honeyberries are in the honeysuckle family and prefer a pH between 5.5 and 7.5.
- They thrive in partial shade to full sun and prefer well drained fertile soil.
- We recommend planting two different varieties for cross-pollination.
- Bushes grow 4′ tall and 4′ wide.
- We recommend a plant spacing of 4-5 feet.
- They bear early in 1-2 years after planting.
- Fruit ripens in June.
- They produce yields of 5-10 pounds of berries per bush.
- Ideal for Zones 3-8.