Sold Out For The Season
The Blue Moon honeyberry will allow you to enjoy fruit that is similar to a blueberry, but with an added unique flavor and appearance. You will find berries growing in large clusters of colorful, blue, elongated berries. This comes from the characteristics of honeysuckles since they are all members of the same family. The Blue Moon honeyberry is a very attractive and compact spreading shrub that is ideal for your backyard home orchard. Blue Moon honeyberries feature soft, dark green, velvety foliage and bear excellent crops of large, tasty, dark blue berries. These berries are sure to grab your attention and will become a favorite in your edible landscape.
*** Plant with another honeyberry for proper cross pollination.
- Honeyberries are in the honeysuckle family and prefer a pH between 5.5 and 7.5.
- They thrive in partial shade to full sun and prefer well drained fertile soil.
- We recommend planting two different varieties for cross-pollination.
- Bushes grow 4′ tall and 4′ wide.
- We recommend a plant spacing of 4-5 feet.
- They bear early in 1-2 years after planting.
- Fruit ripens in June.
- They produce yields of 5-10 pounds of berries per bush.
- Ideal for Zones 3-8